If you would like to join HRGC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and indicating the type of membership for which you are applying. Please note that if you are under 18, you should ask your parent or guardian to email on your behalf.
Membership Fees for 2021-22 (from 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2022) are:
- Ordinary Adult: £100
- Cadet+ (19 to 30 in full-time education or apprenticeship): £40
- Cadet (16-18): £40
- Junior (under 16): £30
- Social (ie not rowing): £15
- Towing (ie not rowing): £5*
- * Towing members who do not row - the Club pays the subscription.
- Please note that HRGC reserves the right not to grant membership, in line with its constitution.
- New rowers (i.e. non members that have never previously rowed with any club) can have up to 3 free rows before subscribing.
- Previous rowers (from Helford or any other club) should pay £5/row as a Guest rower, maximum of 3 rows a year.
Helford River Gig Club has a Welfare Policy that is required by both British Rowing (BR) and the Cornish Pilot Gig Association (CPGA).
We have an experienced Welfare Officer with a senior position on the Committee and several of our members have full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
We take the welfare and security of all our members, visitors and the public very seriously including all juniors and vulnerable persons.
Anyone with concerns of any type please contact the Welfare Officer.