Head of the River Race - Saturday 7 October 2017
- 11:00 – HRGC members to launch our gigs at Helford Passage.
- 12:00-14:30 – Towers to meet at the top of the hill, Helford Passage (TR11 5LB). Tow gig to beach when advised and unload gig. Tow trailer to Gweek slipways. (TR12 6UF)
- 15:00 – Coxes' Meeting near the Ferryboat Inn at Helford Passage.
- 15:30 – Crews leave Ferryboat beach to row to start line.
- 16:15 – Start of the Race.
- Race duration – approx 45 minutes.
- 17:00 (approx.) – Finish at Bishops Quay. Row on to Gweek slips.
- 17:00-18:00 – Extract gigs at Gweek.
- 18:00 – Food, bar, prize-giving & dancing at clubhouse, Chapel Hill, Gweek. (TR12 7AE)
Further information and signing up
Nic Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is now full in terms of gigs, although there may be space for skiffs and flashboats – contact Nic above for details.
Information for competing clubs
- Each competing crew must bring a radio.
- This is a pursuit race. The first boat will be away by approx. 16:15. You will be given your start time at the Coxswains' Meeting.
- Start times are dependent on the gig's crew (eg Ladies, Men, Mixed, Vets, Juniors etc). We welcome any and all combinations.
- All trailers must be clearly marked with the name of the gig.
- At the end of the race, your trailer will be brought to you and towed up to the clubhouse for you. Please be patient while this operation takes place.
- Soup, hot drinks, cakes and a BBQ serving bacon rolls available from about 12:00 in the gazebo by Ferryboat beach, Helford Passage.
- Toilets available in the Ferryboat Inn by kind agreement. Please support and respect the pub, its seating and its clients.
- All participants are invited to the clubhouse for food, drink, dancing and prize-giving.
- Overnight camping is available at the clubhouse by prior arrangement.
Spectators welcome - see details above for catering at Ferryboat beach.
If there is enough interest, there may be a spectator's boat following the Juniors and also watching the finish. Contact Ian at email@example.com for more info.
Mini-Scillies Race - March 2018
Details to follow nearer the time.